Are You In A Crunch To Find Hidden Bed Bugs In Your Memphis Home?
If you're like most people, the idea of bed bugs crawling around in your bed is enough to make your skin crawl. Unfortunately, bed bugs are becoming more and more common in Memphis. Dart Pest, Lawn & Wildlife will cover how to check for bed bugs in your home, bed bug control techniques for your home, what to do if you find them, and how to get rid of them for good with Memphis pest control.
How To Properly Check For Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are experts at hiding. They'll often hide in cracks and crevices in your bed frame, headboard, and mattress. To properly check for bed bugs, you'll need to conduct a thorough inspection of your bedroom. Start by stripping your bed of all sheets, blankets, and pillows. Then, using a flashlight, carefully inspect the seams of your mattress and box spring. Pay close attention to the folds and creases of your mattress. If you see any brown or red stains, this could be a sign of bed bug excrement. Next, check your headboard and bed frame for any signs of bed bugs. Look for small, dark spots or eggs. Finally, inspect your nightstands and dressers for any signs of bed bugs.
If you do find any of these bugs, it's important to contact an expert in pest control to kill the bed bugs. Trying to deal with them on your own is usually ineffective and could make the problem worse.
Signs Of Bed Bugs On Furniture
In addition to finding bed bugs in your bed, you may also find them on other pieces of furniture in your bedroom or other areas of your home. These include dressers, nightstands, chairs, and sofas.
Here are some telltale signs of bed bugs to look for:
- Small, dark spots on upholstered furniture: These could be bed bug excrement stains.
- Red or brown stains on wood furniture: These could also be bed bug excrement stains.
- Small, dark bugs crawling on your furniture: These could be bed bugs themselves.
- White, egg sacs attached to furniture: These could be bed bug eggs.
- A musty smell coming from upholstered furniture: This could be a sign of a bed bug infestation.
If you find bed bugs in your home, the first thing you should do is contact a professional in local pest control for bed bugs. In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to help control the problem.
What To Do If You Find A Bed Bug In Your Home
If you find bed bugs in your Memphis home, the first thing you should do is contact a professional in bed bug control like Dart Pest, Lawn & Wildlife.
In the meantime, there are a few things you can do to help control the problem:
- Wash all of your bedding in hot water and dry it on high heat.
- Vacuum your entire home, paying special attention to areas where you suspect there may be bed bugs. Make sure to dispose of the vacuum bag or contents of the canister in a sealed bag outdoors.
- Seal any cracks and crevices in your home to prevent bed bugs from hiding.
Following these tips can help you control the problem or prevent a reinfestation. However, the surest way to get rid of bed bugs for good is by contacting an expert in bed bug pest control in Memphis.
Professional Bed Bug Control In Memphis
If you think you may have bed bugs in your home, it's important to take action right away. The best way to get rid of bed bugs is to contact a professional pest control company like Dart Pest, Lawn & Wildlife. We've been providing residential pest control and commercial pest control services in Memphis for more than 45 years. We also offer a wide range of other pest control services to help keep your home and family safe from pests. Contact us today to schedule a consultation.